Sales Executive, US Interactive Marketing division, at a Major Media Company
The Interactive Marketing division brands include: ClickZ and Search Engine Watch, plus their related platforms and events.As the demands of the markets they serve change so do the requirements of their readers, event delegates and advertisers/sponsors. Digital marketing is a fast-paced and rapidly growing sector. Advances in technology are almost continuous and their advertisers and sponsors need to be represented in the industry as thought leaders and solutions providers. This is a position for an ambitious, creative and hard-working sales person. They must be enthusiastic and confident and be comfortable dealing face-to-face with senior executives. They must possess a high-level of personal influencing and negotiation skills and be able to increase revenues by tailoring creative packages to suit the needs of individual clients. This is an excellent opportunity and frequent travel around North America is expected, plus further afield if required. A varied and engaging sales role, this is a fantastic chance for a salesperson to work on a number of leading brands and progress their career in the New York office. The role will support the full range of products within each of the brands. The products include conferences, digital advertising, whitepaper content creation, lead generation, webcasts, bespoke events and awards, as well as the full range of customized marketing services.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:· Adherence to revenue targets and deadlines
· Positive attitude to and involvement in the overall sales team effort
· Providing accurate feedback on all projects
· Be motivated, self-sufficient and able to use initiative, with the confidence to go out into the brand’s sectors and meet new people and challenges on a regular basis
· Sell digital advertising packages, across a variety of brand extensions and tailor creative packages to suit the needs of individual clients
· Manage the sponsorship sales process of individual events and webcasts by liaising with both clients and colleagues such as publishers, event producers, coordinators, marketing managers, etc.
· Continuously build and service contacts within your sector of the industry through meetings, telephone conversations and social functions
· Source new leads and manage existing clients
· Sell over the telephone and at face-to-face client meetings
· Look to develop the brands and their place in the market
· Gain an understanding of the brands, divisions and company’s business strategies
· Represent the brands and division at key internal and external events, within and outside normal office hours
· Work closely with the sales people and teams across the Inactive Marketing and Technology brands and sell into these where possible
Ultimately this role will be results driven and the individual will be judged against the success of achieving key revenues targets set out in the annual budget.